My mom and grandmother have been making this for as long as I can remember and I am 55! So much fruit, the bottom and top were always completely covered. They would alternate between cherry and blueberry, sometimes they would have both on the same cake, cherry on one side, blueberry on the other. They were famous for taking them to church potlucks and we’d have it for barbeques and picnics. We love it!
Heaven on Earth Cake with delicious layers of angel cake, sour cream pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure crowd pleaser!
Heaven on Earth Cake
5 hrs 20 mins
- 1 box Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
- Bake angel food cake according to package’s directions. Allow to cool and cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and sour cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- get full recipes @ onionringsandthings.com