Perfectly spiced, moist and tender, this Pumpkin Bread will soon become a family favorite! Leave it naked if you wish, or stud it with nuts – however, I prefer mine with this simple brown butter maple glaze. I’m sure you will, too!
Very good!! Everyone loved it!! I used half of the amount of powdered sugar for the frosting and mixed 2 tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon into it. We used an 8×12 metal pan so it took about 40 minutes to cook, but what we ended up with was a perfect pumpkin cake!
The BEST Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- ½ cup butter, softened (I used Land O Lakes)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (the puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 – 1 & ½ cups powdered sugar (start with one cup and add more if glaze is too runny)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk, optional if glaze is too thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the above bread ingredients and beat at medium speed with a handheld mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well-mixed.
- get full recipes @ pinimg.com