My daughter requested a “chocolate chip cookie cake” for his 6th birthday party. I found this recipe via Pinterest, and could not have been more pleased.
This is seriously one of the most delicious things I’ve ever baked. My husband says they’re dangerous. I think I agree. We’ll have to only make these when we have people to share with!
All the yummy flavor of my chewy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies in a much easier, quicker bar cookie form!
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 27 mins Total Time 37 mins
Serves 24 bars
- 2 1/4 cups (~282 grams) good all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if gf flour blend has xanthan or guar gum already)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup additional semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping if desired
- In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (unless flour blend already has xanthan or guar gum), baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, place the cream cheese, then pour melted butter over it. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. (I use the paddle attachment on my mixer.)
- visit GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS @ mygluten-freekitchen.com for more directions