I am working at home today because I have a stupid cold and don’t want to infect everyone at the office. So guess what I am going to do while I work? Make these little beauties. I don’t have superfine rice flour yet…it is on the way so I am going to use regular ole rice flour and will report back.
I bet they will be a touch grainy and a little more dense but I can’t wait. I have no patience. I can smell these through the screen even though I can’t breathe at all! Thanks for this Nik. My daughter doesn’t like fruit in her muffins (gasp), so these could do the trick and I will freeze some and give a few to my Celiac neighbor. Honestly, you read my mind so much it scares me.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Muffins
4 tablespoons (48 g) vegetable shortening, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (280 g) basic gum-free gluten free flour blend (185 grams superfine white rice flour + 61 grams potato starch + 34 grams tapioca starch)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (this must be added – the point is to use a much lower amount of xanthan gum than is in an all purpose gluten free flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (180 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (86 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons milk (any kind)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease or line a standard 12-cup muffin tin, and set it aside.
- First, place the swirl/filling ingredients in a small bowl, and mix to combine well. Set the bowl aside.
- get full instructions @ glutenfreeonashoestring.com