I had only light corn syrup and found out it is not just the color when you use dark corn syrup it has molasses in it so it will be a difference in taste. You can make your own. I google it
Pecan Pie Bars
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 25 mins
The Best Pecan Pie Bars – this easy recipe includes a simple shortbread bottom and a one bowl mix and pour topping.
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter
For the top layer
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup +1 tbsp flour
- 4 large or extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups corn syrup dark is best
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecans no need to toast the pecans
- This recipe uses a 9×13 baking pan. In this recipe I think it is best to line to lightly grease the pan and line it with parchment paper so that you can lift the entire batch out of the pan after they have cooled and cut them on a cutting board. With cookie bars like this, which have different textures in the different layers, this enables you to have a more precise feeling for how to cut them well. More about that a little later in the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for aluminum bake ware and 325 degrees F for glass bake ware.
- get the full instructions @ rockrecipes.com