This has been one of my favorite recipes to make since you first published it! It smells amazing while it’s cooking, and even though it’s so simple, it never fails to impress. I was just thinking about making this over the past week and it popped up on Pinterest. Must be a sign! I’ve always made mine in a Dutch oven and never had any problems.
A delicious one-pan meal that is delicious served with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta, to make the most of the delicious gravy. To save yourself the chore of separating and peeling all that garlic, look for pre-separated/peeled garlic cloves in the produce section of your grocery store.
Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil vegetable, canola etc
- 6 pieces skin-on/bone-in chicken thighs (could use any skin-on chicken, such as breasts or drumsticks )
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 20 cloves garlic separated and peeled (2 full heads)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine anything you would drink
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or about 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Heat the oven to 400° F (205C) with rack in center of oven.
- In a oven-safe Dutch oven or oven-safe skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium high heat. Dry the chicken pieces well by patting them with a paper towel. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with a bit of salt and the pepper. Cook the chicken until well browned, turning regularly, for about 8 minutes in all then remove chicken to a plate. You can remove some of the fat in the pan if you have lots, but do leave enough to cook the garlic in the next step.
- view more instructions @ seasonsandsuppers.ca