Yum! I made this tonight with a couple modifications (not many) – i added potato instead of sweet potato and I used 8 cups of stock instead of 6. I added the chicken breasts which were a nice touch. I also used italian seasonig because I did not have old bay, and it turned out well. next time since I added 8 cups of stock I would add another cup of rice . I can see what others mean when they say something seems missing but I think this is really good for a basic weeknight meal!
This Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup is wonderfully creamy and comforting. See tips above for how to modify this recipe to be gluten-free and/or vegan, if you prefer.
COZY AUTUMN WILD RICE SOUP
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOK TIME: 45 MINS
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice*
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large (about 1 pound) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large handfuls of kale, roughly chopped with thick stems removed
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
INSTANT POT (PRESSURE COOKER) METHOD:
- Combine vegetable stock, wild rice, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, celery, sweet potato, onion, bay leaf and Old Bay seasoning in the bowl of an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Stir briefly to combine.
- Cover and set vent to “sealing”. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 25 minutes. Let the Instant Pot rest there for an extra 10 minutes (natural release). Then carefully turn the vent to “venting” and release the remaining pressure (quick release). Remove lid and discard the bay leaf.
- get the full directions @ gimmesomeoven.com