I absolutely loved the flavor of this dish (so does the hubby!). The only issue is that my sauce came up thin. I’m not sure if it’s becayse I used heavy whipping cream? I saw you said to use heavy cream but I didn’t see any cartons labelled as just “heavy cream”. They only had heavy whipping cream. Ito till delicious though and we’re going to eat it. I tthink I’ll just reduce the liquids next time and grate the cheese instead of store bought.
One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 quart of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley minced
- Start with a large covered cooking pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- get the full recipes @ number-2-pencil.com