I’m no baker, but these cookies are fool proof. I even used half white whole wheat flour and they still came out soft in the center. I really appreciate that your directions are very specific (i.e., how many minutes to cream the butter and cream cheese with an electric hand mixer), because I really have no idea what I’m doing, and with the specific directions these cookies came out so awesome.
Replacing some of the butter from my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with cream cheese created cookies that are soft, thick, moist, and tender. Although you can’t taste the cream cheese, the cookies have a richness and depth of flavor like no other cookies I’ve tried. Plus there’s an abundance of chocolate in every bite. The dough can be made in advance, refrigerated, and baked as desired, up to 5 days later. A great option to have for fresh, warm cookies without having to mix up dough. I highly recommend these cookies!
Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
YIELD: ABOUT 28 MEDIUM-SMALL COOKIES
TOTAL TIME:3+ HOURS, FOR DOUGH CHILLING
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:8 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (use cream cheese in a block or spreadable, don’t use fat-free, light or whipped)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used 1 cup chips and 1 1/4 cups chunks)
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese (measure it by smooshing it into a 1/4-cup measure), sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (or use an electric hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- get the full recipes @ averiecooks.com